Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sweet little girls and the softness of softies



Lately I've been kinda obsessed with softies.
Some of
the blogs I follow and sites I visit
have wonderful
fabric dolls and monsters and robots and animals and things
and everybody is calling them softies.
So will I from now on.

And because I fell in love
with lots of those beautiful soft cuties
out there,
the patterns I design look a little bit alike the ones I liked the most.
That been said,
I want to tell you about this dude, Nutmeg.


Nutmeg is not mine.

Today I will not talk about my own creations,
I want to tell you about my niece E.

She is (almost) a 11 year old who enjoys to make things like I do.
This last weekend she came to visit
and ended up spending one night and one day with me and J.
And when she visits
she likes to make stuff with me.
We make lots of things together
that I might tell you about sometime later on.
This weekend she saw the softies I had made
and asked me to help her make a reindeer
(she looooves reindeer, as she lets me know numerous times...lol...).
And so I told her I would, but she better make a sketch so I would know exactly what she wanted and be able to draw the pattern.
So she did.

This one is Rudolph (later on renamed Nutmeg).



That's her sketch and I used it to draw this pattern, following her directions and approval.





I did cut the pattern pieces and machine sew it for her.
And then she stuffed it
and blanket stitched the face and the eyes
(she had done it before but I'll tell you about it some other time).



She's a sweet (almost) 11 year old...lol... as she's always reminding me...
who enjoys a bunch of things
but above all
she is very sweet and kind
and I really enjoy her company.
Plus, I know J enjoys it very much too, and makes me feel really good
that E talks to him and about him,
and about the things she remembers before all this happened.
She has always enjoyed to spend time with us
and we both love her very much.


There... almost finished...




... and done!

Lovely Nutmeg is ready for all the loving and cuddling a little girl has to give!

Great job E!




PS: E was the one who wanted me to write this blog about her; why don't you take some pictures and post it on your blog?,
she asked me.
So I did.
Hopefully it will be of her approval... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment