Friday, June 15, 2012

Playing with Trapilho (T-Shirt Yarn) - Floral Arrangements

Here in Portugal one can find trapilho skeins
very easily, and lots and lots of it!
Aqui em Portugal consegue-se encontrar trapilho muito facilmente, e montes dele!
(in the US I used to call it T-Shirt Yarn,
which I would make from my old T-shirts).
(nos Estados Unidos eu chamava-lhe malha de T-Shirt,
e fazia os novelos das minhas T-shirts velhas).
You can find here and here my posts about T-Shirt Yarn.
Podem ler aqui e aqui os meus post sobre a malha de T-Shirt.
Trapilho comes in all sorts of colors and patterns.
O trapilho vem em todas as cores e padrões.
So, guess what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks...?
Então, conseguem adivinhar o que eu tenho estado a fazer nas últimas semanas...?
You're right!,
I've been enjoying myself creating all sorts of things with trapilho.
Têm razão!, tenho-me entretido a criar todo o tipo de coisas com trapilho.
But in today's post I will only talk about the floral arrangements.
Mas no post de hoje vou apenas falar dos arranjos florais.
I'll tell you about the other stuff I've been making on another post.
Contar-vos-ei acerca das outras coisas que tenho feito num outro post. 
For the containers of the floral arrangements,
I've used old plastic flower pots
and also the plastic tall containers small trees come in from the nurseries.
Para os recipientes dos arranjos florais usei vasos de plástico velhos, bem como aqueles recipentes altos de plástico dos centros de jardinagem em que as árvores pequenas vêm.
But any kind of container can be used, of course. 
As for me, I'm happy because not only I can recycle and up cycle
but also save money! 
Mas claro que se pode usar qualquer tipo de recipiente.
No meu caso, fico contente porque não só faço reciclagem e up ciclagem
como também poupo dinheiro!

The crochet stitch I've used is a very simple single crochet
and not only I've been playing with colors and rows,
but also mixing different types of yarn to create different effects.
O ponto de crochet que usei é o simples ponto baixo, e tenho não só brincado com as cores e as filas como também tenho misturado outros tipos de lã para criar efeitos diferentes.



For the floral arrangements I've been using plastic flowers,
dried palm trees seedlings...
Para os arranjos florais usei flores de plástico,
sementes de palmeira secos...

... and something else I really really enjoy making...
flowers and leaves out of empty plastic soda bottles!
... e uma outra coisa que tenho adorado fazer... flores e folhas
feitas a partir de garrafas de plástico de refrigerante vazias!




The results are amazing and I'm totally in love with the outcome!
Os resultados são espantosos e estou completamente apaixonada com o resultado!

They do look cute, don't they?
I'll see you all soon!
São giros, não são?
Até breve!

No comments:

Post a Comment