Thursday, March 25, 2010

A little gardening and a little cooking...

This week has been much quieter than the last couple weeks...
J didn't had any medical appointment and has been doing fairly alright.
I've been working on my flower gardens a little bit...

 
Useless to say I love this time of the year,
and the way the gardens look after being mulched...
 
We can really see the difference between the front garden above
and the back garden bellow...
 
I'll get to them also, not as quick as I'd like but I will... :0)
 
Things being more quieter,
I had the chance to go to the kitchen and cook a little.
 
I am not really a celery fan,
but this time I did have some celery and lots of carrots
needing to be used or going bad instead...
so, I made a big pot of soup!
Celery and carrots puree Lena's way... lol...
 
When I was growing up I made lots of soup!
Being the older girl of the house (we were 6 siblings)
I was the official mom's helper and oh boy!, did I help!
I think I became a soup maker expert....
Anyway... going back to my celery and carrots soup...
trow into a big boiling water pot:

  • 1 tablespoon of salt
  • 5 peeled and cubed potatoes
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 pound of carrots, peeled and cubed
  • celery, washed and sliced 

Let it simmer for about an hour, and then
blend the whole thing with a stick blender.
Season with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and let it simmer
for about 20, 30 minutes more.
Serve with a tablespoon of sour cream and mint flakes!
Hmm... it is good!
 
Of course, I've also been sewing a little, crocheting a little too...
I've finished a couple more Lolitas,
and I'm still working on the wall hanging with the pincushions
I told you about...
but that will be subject for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment