Friday, January 6, 2012

The begining of a new year

I hope everyone had a nice new year begining.
I certainly did.
And on January the 2nd we had the first  snow of this Winter 
(it's already all gone now, but it was nice).

Espero que todos vós tenham tido um bom começo de ano.
Eu certamente que tive.
E no passado dia 2 de Janeiro tivemos a primeira neve deste Inverno
(já derreteu toda, mas foi bonito).
This year New Year was a special one, since I got to spend it on Skype
with a dear friend back in Portugal.
I enjoyed it a lot, 
and since Portugal is five hours ahead of us,
I can say I was in 2012 much earlier then everyone else here in Tennessee.  
I will not get in details
(it feels kinda embarassing),
but while Skyping with my friend I had a little accident on my laptop,
and the keyboard got kinda wacked... so, I had to buy a wireless keyboard (which, by the way, works perfectly),
thus only now I'm able to post again.
That being said,
I also want to show you a terrific Christmas present my son,
daughter-in-law and grandson sent me.

Este ano o Ano Novo foi especial,
uma vez que o passei no Skype com uma querida amiga em Portugal.
Gostei muito, e uma vez que Portugal está cinco horas à nossa frente,
posso dizer que entrei em 2012 muito mais cedo que o resto do pessoal aqui no Tennessee.
Não vou entrar em detalhes
(porque é de certa forma embaraçoso),
mas enquanto estava no Skype com a minha amiga
tive um pequeno acidente com o laptop,
e o teclado ficou meio estragado...por isso tive de comprar um teclado sem fios
(que, já agora, trabalha perfeitamente),
e é por issso que só agora consigo voltar a publicar um post.
Tendo dito isto, quero mostrar-vos o bonito presente de Natal
que o meu filho, nora e neto me mandaram.
Isn't it gorgeous...?
Não é bonito...?
A tear drop hanging glass terrarium!
It's really precious and I love it!
Oh! Do you rebember the Hobbes I made for my dear boy...?,
it finally arrived in Portugal and he loved it!

Um terrarium de vidro em forma de lágrima para pendurar!
É muito precioso e gostei imenso!
Oh! Lembram-se do Hobbes que fiz para o meu querido menino...?,
finalmente chegou a Portugal e ele adorou!
And with Hobbes pic I leave you all for now,
wishing the new year keeps rolling on smooth and with lots of happiness,
and I'll see you all soon!

E deixo-vos por agora com a foto do Hobbes,
desejando que o novo ano continue a correr suavemente e com montes de alegria,
e até breve!

2 comments:

  1. This morning when I got him up for school, he was hugging Hobbes in his sleep! I should have gotten a photo, but I was too sleepy myself to think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... gosh, I miss him so much, as well as all of you! Give him a BIG BIG hug from me :0)

    ReplyDelete