Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sand dollar

When my brother and sister-in-laws
came back from the beach
a couple weeks ago,
they brought me a few souvenirs.
Quando os meus cunhados
voltaram da praia ha duas semanas atras,
trouxeram-me algumas recordacoes.
Amid them a star fish and a couple of sand dollars.
Entre elas uma estrela do mar e dois sand dollars (bolachas da praia).

I had heard about sand dollars,
but not the legend surrounding it.
Click here to find out about it.
Eu ja tinha ouvido falar de bolachas da praia
mas nunca tinha ouvido acerca da lenda.
Clique aqui e aqui para saber mais.
The legend compares the sand dollar to a symbol of Jesus live,
with the shell holes compared to the nail holes on Jesus and so on...
A lenda faz da bolacha da praia um simbolo da vida de Jesus,
com os buracos na concha sendo comparados
as chagas de Cristo e por ai adiante...
And because I had never seen a sand dollar
I thought it would be interesting to share it with you.
E porque eu nunca tinha visto uma bolacha da praia
pensei que seria interessante compartilhar aqui convosco.
I hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you all later!
Espero que tenham gostado e ate breve!

No comments:

Post a Comment