Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sharing some helenismos...

When I started this blog
almost an year ago I called it Helenismos(toshare). 
Blogging was one of the ways I found to overcome my frustrations,
my loneliness, my cigarette cravings, my willing to keep going if you will... When it all came about what name to choose
I remember remembering
my high school Deutsch teacher calling me Helena of Troia...
(the things our mind remembers!).
And that was it: Helen(a)ismos,
in reference to Greek mythology 
which so much influenced my teenager years...
...when I used to write novels
using Greek mythology character names
given by me to my friends and classmates
and share it with one of my dearest friends at high school
(named Helena as myself,
and tough I lost her track many years ago,
I know she became a judge and was living at the North of Portugal).
Anyway...
today is one of those days
when I just feel like sharing some helenismos...
... LOL...
Why am I telling you all this...?,
well... I reckon this past week
has been one of reflexion, memories, day dreaming...
Since we came back home
I had been busy caring for J,
getting my routines back on track
(still have tons of paperwork to file, bills to pay and whatnot's to finish up...), and didn't had much time
to think about everything that happened.
I guess this past week things finally soaked in...
in a way it made me feel a little bit depressed... 
and then... also this past week...
I've (re)found a very dear old friend from my childhood!
Ah!... walking down memory lane
can lead oneself into a very nostalgic path!...
Life can be weird and strange sometimes,
and tough I always thought there are no steps out of the path
(como dizia n... nao ha passos fora do caminho),
sometimes the missing (as saudades!) of my family, friends and my old live
can really become overwhelming...
But...it's about time to pick oneself up, and just go for it!
So... that's what I did!...
... I've lined and binded a small tunisian crochet pouch today 
(it has been laying on my to finish projects tray for a long time)
and I really like how it turned on!
...and the inside look...
 I've also been practicing a little serging...
Did I mention before I bought a serger...?...LOL...
I know I didn't... it was a couple months back...
with my cigarette's money savings... LOL...
I was waiting to become a real good serger so I could tell you all 
about the fabulous projects serged with my new serger...
...LOL...
but... that's not the case yet!
I've just been sewing seams, regular serged seams...
Ah!... but I am waiting on a new book I bought to arrive early next week.
Then I'm sure I'll be able to serge beautiful things and blog about it!

Bellow you can see my new Brother Serger Lock!
Awesome, isn't it...??? Ah!... the possibilities!

And to finish today's nostalgic post,
a pretty pic of...
Miss Beca!
and a promise to tell you all about the kitten saga on my next post.
Till then!...
...and thank you for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment